Featuring six precision tuneable dampers, RS4000 Optical table tops bring the best passive damping performance to your applications that require a critical level of damping. The 6 dampers are designed to specifically target a majority of the resonances of the table. The result is an ultra-quiet table top that's ideal for critical applications such as live cell imaging, high resolution imaging, interferometry, experiments with long exposure time and more.
- Six precision tuneable dampers concentrate damping where it's needed
- Honeycomb core for a lighter, stiffer table with better dynamic rigidity
- Triple core interface increases point loading capability
- Mounting holes individually sealed with conical polymeric cup
- Compatible with S-2000A isolators and Lab Legs supports
- Tuned Mass Damping (TMD) - The Most Effective Passive Damping Method: RS4000 optical tables use Tuned Mass Damping (TMD) technology to eliminate table resonances. TMD is the most effective method among all known passive damping methods, as it concentrates damping efforts where it's needed at the frequencies of dominant resonance modes.
- Super Rigid Trussed Honeycomb Core Design: Newport's honeycomb core is different than our competitors. Each piece of the corrugated honeycomb steel sheet is emerged in proprietary elastomeric vibration absorbing materials and bonded vertically throughout the height of the optical breadboard or optical table, creating a much stiffer honeycomb core structure. This labour intensive procedure makes sure that Newport's optical breadboard or optical table has the most robust honeycomb structures.
- Vertically Bonded Triple Core Interface: Vertical bonding adds constrained layer damping effects into the core, while maximizing the tables rigidity-to-weight ratio
- Individually Sealed Mounting Holes: Those mounting holes feature 19 mm screw depth and in contrast to some of the other products in the market that has channel for a row of holes or just a polymeric film, Newport's individually sealed holes are more reliable and easier to clean
- Precision Grid of Tapped, Countersunk & Deburred Mounting Holes: The 1/4-20 or M6 tapped mounting holes are countersunk and deburred. This ensures easy thread engagement while eliminating contamination problems.
- Highly Damped Side Panels: side panels for optical tables are more than just covers. They should contribute to the overall damping performance of the table. Our optical tables use highly damped composite wood as side panels to help eliminate vibrations from the side. Composite wood has a much better damping performance than steel
- Unique Pressure Bonding Process Ensures Superior Flatness Metrology quality steel assembly platens are used to ensure the superior flatness of our optical tables
Optical Table Accessory Options:
- Optical Table Shelf Systems
- Optical Table Enclosures
- Laser Safety Curtains
- Air Compressors
- Earthquake Restraints
- Perimeter Light Shields
- Table Top Light Tight Enclosures
Model Name: Optical Isolation Table
Model Number: RS 4000
Inventory Number: 0121-101-0002
Type: RS4000 Optical Table Top
Tuned Damping: 6 Precision Tuned Dampers
Broadband Damping: Constrained layer core, damped working surface and composite edge finish
Working Surface: 4.8 mm thick ferromagnetic 430 stainless steel
Surface Flatness: 0.004 in. (0.1 mm) over 2 ft. (600 mm) square
Mounting Holes1/4-20 M6 (M- Versions)
Mounting Whole Borders: 0.5, 12.5 mm (M- Versions) in.
Mounting Hole Pattern: 1.0 grid 25 mm grid (M- Versions) in.
Core Design: Trussed honeycomb, vertically bonded closed cell construction, 0.010 in. steel sheet materials, 0.030 in. triple core interface
Bottom Skin Material: 4.8 mm thick carbon steel
Weight: 3200 lbs