Fully Automated Workflows to Quickly Isolate High-Quality Nucleic Acid: Hamilton, together with MACHEREY-NAGEL, optimized the Genomic STARLET assay ready workstation to quickly isolate high-quality nucleic acids for use in downstream applications using NucleoSpin and NucleoFast assay kits. Multiple vacuum-based protocols and various sample types, including bacterial and eukaryotic cells, tissue, blood/plasma, plants, and more may be automatically processed on a single, integrated system with a small footprint to conserve precious laboratory space. Depending on the kit, up to 96 samples may be processed in 60-144 minutes, allowing several runs to be performed each day.
The Hamilton Microlab STARLET series is a popular liquid handling platform that brings the power of Hamiltonís STAR series to a compact bench-top system. The STARLET liquid handlers employ an air displacement pipetting system and the unique Compressed O-Ring Expansion (CO-RE) technology for disposable tip handling. In addition, the STARLET make use of the full spectrum of Hamiltonís liquid handling technologies including Monitored Air Displacement (MAD), Total Aspirate and Dispense Monitoring (TADM), Anti-Droplet Control (ADC).
The MicroLab STARLET series is easily configurable The system can be configured with between 2 to 16 channel independent pipettors or 96- channel or 284-channel multiprobe heads that cover a range of volumes. Additionally, the STARLET can be configured with an internal plate manipulator (iSWAP), a barcode scanner (Autoload) and the optional but limited plate manipulator, core grippers.
The MicroLab STARLET workstation is a reliable liquid handling platform, capable of a wide variety of applications to meet your current and dynamic requirements. Due to the flexibility and reliability of the Hamilton STARLET, ALE is able to provide the Hamilton STAR series of liquid handlers with confidence and with the security one desires for their lab equipment.
The Hamilton PCR setup STARLET is a versatile solution for PCR setup and optional sample normalization. Four different platform configurations with 4 and 8 x 1 ML independent channels are available for varying throughputs and budgets. The optional "autoload" function (integrated barcode scanner) enables full traceability throughout the setup process.
The software consists of a graphical user interface (GUI) that easily guides through the setup process. Pre-configured algorithms and refined liquid handling parameters enable accurate setup of even low volume PCR assays in 384 plate format. With its outstanding deck capacity of 25 SBS plate positions compared to the small system footprint, the Hamilton PCR setup STARLET is a class of its own.
Confidence in Reliable, Accurate Results: In addition to proven MACHEREY-NAGEL nucleic acid extraction technology, the Genomic STARlet ensures sample integrity and confidence in results through:
- Air displacement pipetting using Hamilton tips with CO-RE (Compressed O-Ring Expansion) technology for superior measurement accuracy, precision, and reproducibility without aerosol generation during tip pick-up and ejection
- Real-time clot detection
- Anti-Droplet Control (ADC) to reduce contamination risk
- Barcode tracking
- Optional use of filter tips
Intuitive Setup, Hands-Free Operation
- A graphical interface guides users through pre-defined vacuum-based protocol selection and assay setup, and also displays real-time status during sample processing. All liquid handling steps are performed automatically with minimal pipette tip use, while automatic sample transfers, including to and from the on-deck integrated heater shaker with active plate lock, and vacuum manifold, are performed via CO-RE grippers
- Each run, including complete sample traceability, is summarized in a downloadable report file. The fully hands-free workflow eliminates time-consuming and variable or error-prone manual processing steps and allows users to refocus time on high-value activities
- Classic Life Science: Nucleo-Spin 8/96 Plasmid, Nucleo-Spin 8/96 PCR Clean-up, Nucleo-Fast 96 PCR
- Genomic: Nucleo-Spin 8/96 Blood, Nucleo-Spin 8/96 Tissue, Nucleo-Spin 8/96 Plant II
- Gene Expression Profiling: Nucleo-Spin 8/96 Virus, Nucleo-Spin 8/96 RNA
- Configurations: STARLET platform with 4 or 8 channels, manual load and auto load options
Model Name: Automated Liquid Handler
Model Number/MPN: STARLET
Inventory Number: 0121-145-0001
Weight (lb): 330 lbs.
Length: 31.1 in.
Width: 54.8 in.
Height: 35.7 in.